- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Germany will continue to support the Baltic states in ensuring their security
On the margins of the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels on 19 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius held a meeting with his newly appointed German counterpart Heiko Maas. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Latvia Edgars Rinkēvičs and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Estonia Sven Mikser also attended the meeting.
The German Foreign Minister affirmed that he would continue to support the Baltic states in ensuring their security. Maas also briefed the Foreign Ministers about his plans to visit every Baltic state in the near future and to participate in the Lithuanian-organised Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting.
The Minister Linkevičius thanked Germany for leading the NATO enhanced forward presence battalion in Lithuania. As regards the recent events in England's city of Salisbury and Sunday‘s presidential elections in Russia, the Foreign Ministers agreed on the need to pursue a coherent policy towards Russia.