- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Guatemala opens its Honorary Consulate in Vilnius
On 31 May, the Honorary Consulate of Guatemala was opened in Vilnius. It is headed by the entrepreneur Asta Naumenko Meschino.
The opening ceremony was attended by Eduardas Borisovas, Director of the Department of Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Oceania of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, who welcomed the intensifying economic and cultural ties between Lithuania and Guatemala. "I believe that the active Honorary Consul will bring our countries closer together and will open up new opportunities for bilateral cooperation," Borisovas said.
During the ceremony, the Guatemalan Honorary Consul was presented the exequatur issued to her by the Government of Lithuania, authorizing her to carry out her consular duties. The document was signed by the Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Lithuania and Guatemala. The countries established their diplomatic relations on 14 December 1993. Roxana Michelle Prieto Andrade has served as Lithuania‘s Honorary Consul in Guatemala since 2007. The Embassy of Guatemala in Sweden is accredited to Lithuania.