- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
In Sofia, Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister discusses political priorities and prospects for EU budget
At a high-level conference the “Next Multiannual Financial Framework: distributive, allocative and stabilization functions” in Sofia on 9 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius and representatives from member states of the European Union, the European Commission, the European Parliament, and other institutions discussed political priorities and perspectives for the EU budget.
Participants of the conference discussed how to align traditional EU policy issues – cohesion, agriculture and new priorities, including migration and security.
Lithuanian representatives highlighted the added value of cohesion policy and agricultural policy. They also want the next Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) beyond 2020 to address issues relevant to Lithuania, such as the financing of the decommissioning of the Ignalina nuclear power plant from the EU budget, as well as ensuring the financing of the Special Kaliningrad Transit Programme and the international transport project ‘Rail Baltica’. The representatives also highlighted the need for maintaining proper EU focus on the Eastern Partnership initiative.
The Commission’s proposal for the MFF beyond 2020 is expected to be published in early May.
For more information about the event, please click here.