- 2019-01-21 On 21 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is participating in the Romanian Presidency of the EU Council’s event
- 2019-01-21 On 21 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Foreign Affairs Council meeting in Brussels
- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the EU-Africa Union ministerial meeting in Brussels
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
L. Linkevičius and the new Czech Ambassador discuss security of the region, cooperation on EU issues
On 6 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of the Czech Republic to Lithuania Vít Korselt, who presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 15 October.
"Lithuania greatly appreciates the significant contribution of the Czech Republic to security of our country and the region," said Minister L. Linkevičius.
In July 2018, about 240 Czech soldiers joined the German-led NATO enhanced forward presence battalion in Lithuania. This Czech military mission will continue until the end of 2020. The 3rd NATO air policing mission of the Czech Republic is planned in 2019. The Czech Air Force will ensure security of the Baltic states operating from the Ämari Air Base in Estonia.
The Czech Ambassador Vít Korselt replaced Ambassador Bohumil Mazanek, who completed his term of office in late summer.