- 2019-01-21 On 21 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is participating in the Romanian Presidency of the EU Council’s event
- 2019-01-21 On 21 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Foreign Affairs Council meeting in Brussels
- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the EU-Africa Union ministerial meeting in Brussels
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
L. Linkevičius calls on maintaining a principled position on Russia
On 29-30 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the Northern Future Forum in Oslo, Norway. L.Linkevičius with Prime Ministers from the Nordic and Baltic countries, and the United Kingdom discussed relations with Russia, security situation, and possibilities for strengthening cooperation.
The participants of the meeting agreed that security challenges were not minimized and this, first of all, was related to Russia's aggressive posture and hostile actions.
"Unity and a principled position should be our strategy regarding Russia", said L. Linkevičius.
According to Lithuania's Foreign Minister, the coordinated action of the EU and NATO needs to further strengthen security of both the region and the whole of Europe.
"It is important to highlight the role of the United Kingdom, which will undoubtedly remain important despite Brexit," said Lithuania's Foreign Minister.
The Prime Ministers' Meetings of the NB8 (Nordic-Baltic Eight) and the United Kingdom have been held since 2011. The Northern Future Forum this year coincided with NATO's largest military exercise in Norway – Trident Juncture.
Photo: Statsministerens kontor