- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
L. Linkevičius: Lithuania will continue to play an active role in developing the EU's anti-disinformation strategy
"We are at the epicenter of hybrid action against Western democracy and values. Information attacks that can only be addressed by the EU‘s joint efforts are among the most important elements of this aggression," said the head of Lithuania‘s diplomacy Linas Linkevičius, who welcomed the participants of the international conference Vilnius Consultations 2018.
According to Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister, Lithuania will continue to strive to strengthen cooperation between the European Union, NATO and partners, when increasing resistance to information threats, and creating the European Union‘s anti-disinformation plan.
The international conference Vilnius Consultations 2018 is another event, which clearly shows that Lithuania‘s expert community is recognized at the international level and focuses on concrete actions", said L. Linkevičius.
The event is organized by Vilnius Institute for Policy Analysis. The international conference provides a platform for discussion and a place for various experts from the Baltic states, Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Spain, the United Kingdom and other countries to share their newest experiences and to make recommendations on how these challenges can be addressed. The purpose of the consultations is to formulate strategic goals and to find common solutions.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania co-organizes the Vilnius Consultations 2018.