- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is taking part in the General Affairs Council and the General Affairs (Art.50) Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Eastern Partnership Ministerial Meeting in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Astana and Karaganda, Kazakhstan
- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
Linas Linkevičius discussed the upcoming NATO Summit with the US Secretary of State
With the NATO Summit upcoming on 11–12 July 2018, the Lithuanian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, and US Secretary of State, Michael R. Pompeo, spoke by phone on 28 June.
Minister Linkevičius stressed that, in Lithuania’s effort to meet burden sharing commitments, its defence spending had reached 2 per cent in 2018. Lithuania stood behind a serious approach that the United States took to defence and expected the Allies’ support in enhancing NATO forward presence and air defence in the region as well as in speeding up decision-making. Persistent presence of US forces in the region would be the best tool of deterrence and a guarantor of security, Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius said.
Mr Minister underlined the significance of transatlantic unity – that would be the most valuable message of the NATO Summit. He noted that strong transatlantic ties were indispensible. When external forces aiming to destroy transatlantic unity became stronger, the need to cooperate was much more important than any possible differences in views.
Linas Linkevičius thanked the US for firm and consistent efforts to ensure security in the Baltic region and for its strict stance on sanctions against Russia.
State Secretary Pompeo emphasised the unwavering commitment of the USA to Article 5 of the NATO Treaty and the principles set out in the Baltic-US Summit Declaration. He reiterated the importance of defence commitments to be met by European countries.
Support to NATO partners, Georgia and Ukraine, was also discussed during the conversation.
Philadelphia, PA—October 9, a 17’x17’ LED sculpture entitled “Gardens” by internationally acclaimed Lithuanian American artist Ray Bartkus was officially unveiled at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the restoration of Lithuanian statehood. The artwork will be displayed in Commonwealth Plaza, the lobby of the Center located at 300 South Broad Street in Center City until November 9
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, congratulated United States (US) Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and all Americans on the occasion of Independence Day, the Fourth of July.