- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Linas Linkevičius: resilience to propaganda must be our priority
On 25 June, at the meeting of the Foreign Affairs Council (FAC) of the European Union in Luxembourg, after Federica Mogherini, High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, presented the second report on the implementation of the EU Global Strategy in the area of security and defence, adopted in 2016, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania suggested that the focus should be on resilience inside and outside the EU. “What we must do first is to address our shortfalls – to block Russian propaganda channels that some EU members continue to broadcast by making use of loopholes in our legal framework,” Linas Linkevičius said.
The head of the Lithuanian foreign office also urged his counterparts to assist civil society in Russia because human rights violations continue to take place there. That is why the EU must consolidate its efforts and agree on the so-called Magnitski List to be applied on a European scale. The Lithuanian Minister emphasised that experience had proved that being united and acting unanimously we could reach results.
Minister Linkevičius also noted that EU security goes hand in hand with the resilience of our neighbours therefore the Eastern Partnership, particularly the implementation of the Association Agreements and reforms, should be an EU priority.