- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is delivering a speech at the Warsaw Security Forum
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.05 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-25 On 25 October at 4.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-25 On 25 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a Government meeting at the Seimas
Linas Linkevičius, “The values more important than life are not forgotten”
On 21 September, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, took part in a ceremony of unveiling a memorial stone to the Righteous among the Nations, rescuers of Jews during the Nazi occupation in Lithuania.
“When tragic events and trials befall, there are people who cannot put up with it, who believe that truth and justice are more important that their own lives. It’s like a promise to make certain that the values more important than life are not forgotten,” Minister Linkevičius said.
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, notes that Pope Francis who is to visit Vilnius this weekend will pray at the wall of the former Ghetto for almost six million Jews killed in Europe.
A black memorial stone bearing the Star of David and the Pillars of Gediminas that has been set up close to Czesław Miłosz stairs, in Tymo Quarter, in Vilnius should be replaced after several years by a memorial to the rescuers of Jews.
The Yad Vashem Institute in Jerusalem has recognised over 900 Lithuanian people as the Righteous among the Nations.
Lithuania has been engaged in investigating and educating about the Holocaust for many years already by consulting international Jewish organisations, the World Jewish Congress and the European Jewish Congress among them.