- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Linkevičius: “Lithuania and Romania are bound by a strong partnership and a common vision for the future”
On 26 March in Bucharest, Romania, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Teodor Meleşcanu and discussed opportunities for strengthening bilateral cooperation, important items on the EU, NATO agenda, as well as situations in Eastern Europe and the Western Balkans.
“This year, as Lithuania and Romania are celebrating their 100th anniversaries, they enjoy the benefits of a strong partnership, shared common values and a vision for the future. Lithuania is interested in further deepening its cooperation with Romania and in working together towards common goals: security and prosperity in Europe and its neighbourhood,” Lithuania’s Foreign Minister said.
Linkevičius also welcomed intensive bilateral relations in the political and cultural fields. He expressed hope for further development of cooperation in the fields of information technology, life sciences, chemistry, and financial services technology. In addition, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister emphasized that the like-minded countries with similar views on many important issues – Lithuania and Romania – were facing similar challenges.
During his visit to Romania, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister Linkevičius also discussed items on international agenda with the Romanian President Klaus Iohannis, the Prime Minister Viorica Dăncilă, and members of the Parliament of Romania.
Lithuania and Romania established their diplomatic relations on 24 August 1924. The diplomatic relations were re-established on 13 September 1991. On 1 December 2018, Romania will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Romanian state – the centenary of the Great Union.