- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
Linkevičius meets with the Minister of Economy of the United Arab Emirates
On 4 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of Economy of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri.
“We began the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding on Mutual Recognition and Exchange of Driving Licenses, which was signed last July during the visit of Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, to Lithuania. Since then we have received positive feedback from Lithuanian citizens living and traveling in the UAE,” the Minister Linkevičius expressed his joy.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister also stressed the importance of completing negotiations on the Agreement on the Mutual Promotion and Protection of Investments, which would contribute to the development of economic cooperation between the two countries.
The interlocuters agreed to establish an Intergovernmental Commission for Economic Cooperation, which would define priority directions of cooperation and draft an action plan. Possible areas for bilateral cooperation include air transport, port development, innovation, information and financial technologies, as well as life sciences. Linkevičius invited the UAE’s representatives of the life sciences sector to attend the Life Sciences Baltics 2018. The Minister of the United Arab Emirates called on Lithuania to more actively present its tourism potential in the Middle East.
The Ministers agreed that the opening of the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Lithuania would significantly contribute to strengthening our bilateral relations.
The UAE has the largest Lithuanian community in the region. Lithuania and the UAE established their diplomatic relations in 1992. Arvydas Daunoravičius, who resides in Egypt, was appointed as Lithuania’s Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates in 2016.