- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
Linkevičius meets with the new EHU Rector
On 19 April, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received the new Rector of the European Humanities University (EHU), Prof. Sergei Ignatov. The meeting focused on the EHU’s further work.
“I believe that solid academic and administrative experience of the new Rector will help the European Humanities University implement all the necessary reforms, especially on strengthening research. The EHU could continue to uninterruptedly function in Vilnius as an independent Belarusian university, which has become not only Lithuania’s, but also the EU’s key project aimed at supporting civil society in Belarus,” the Foreign Minister said.
Prof. Ignatov thanked the Government of Lithuania for allowing the university to use the premises of the renovated former Augustinian monastery in Vilnius and informed about planned changes in this institution of higher education, emphasizing the goal to deeper integrate the university into our country’s academic space.