- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Linkevičius receives the new Slovak Ambassador, discusses security in the region and the fight against propaganda
On 12 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Ambassador of the Slovak Republic Ladislav Babčan. The Slovak Ambassador presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on the same day.
"Lithuania is very grateful to Slovakia for its significant contribution to security of our country and the region, and for joining the Canadian-led NATO enhanced forward presence battle group in Latvia. We are well aware that the presence of the Slovak troops in Latvia ensures security in all three Baltic states," said L. Linkevičius.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister also noted that Lithuania and Slovakia had similar historical experiences and common interests. Counter-propaganda strategic communication is one of the key areas for cooperation. L. Linkevičius voiced hope that the active relationship between the two countries would continue to grow stronger with Lithuania and Slovakia working closely together on issues on the European, Transatlantic agendas, and other multilateral issues.
L. Babčan is the sixth Ambassador of the Slovak Republic to Lithuania from 1997. He resides in Latvia.