- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Lithuania allocates EUR 55, 000 for humanitarian aid in Ukraine
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania has allocated EUR 55, 000 for humanitarian aid in Ukraine, of which EUR 20, 000 will be transferred to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and EUR 35, 000 to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). Thus, Lithuania aims to contribute to the provision of humanitarian aid in Ukraine, taking into account the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) call for $187 million to launch Ukraine’s Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) for 2018.
According to the United Nations, the conflict in eastern Ukraine has left 4.4 million people in dire humanitarian situation, of which some 3.4 million require humanitarian assistance (70 per cent of whom are considered to be the most vulnerable, including the elderly, women and children), 10, 303 people have died and 24, 778 were injured. In Ukraine, some 1.5 million people have been internally displaced and heavily dependent on humanitarian assistance. Children affected by the armed conflict have no opportunities to learn, because many educational institutions are damaged, destroyed or temporarily closed.
Lithuania’s Foreign Ministry already allocated EUR 95, 000 for humanitarian aid in Ukraine, to help Palestinian refugees and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in 2018.