- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Lithuania establishes diplomatic relations with the Central African Republic
On 25 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Central African Republic (CAR) Charles-Armel Doubane signed the Joint Communiqué on the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations at the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
In the meeting, the Ministers also discussed the possibilities for political and economic cooperation, participation of Lithuanian soldiers in the EU military training mission in CAR.
To contribute to the maintenance of international peace and security, Lithuania joined the EU military training mission in CAR from 2017. Two Lithuanian soldiers currently serve there. In 2014, Lithuania also participated in the French military operation in CAR – Operation Sangaris – aimed at preventing violence and civilian casualties, facilitating the delivery of humanitarian assistance and stabilizing CAR.
CAR is the 186th country to establish diplomatic relations with Lithuania.