- 2019-01-21 On 21 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is participating in the Romanian Presidency of the EU Council’s event
- 2019-01-21 On 21 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Foreign Affairs Council meeting in Brussels
- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the EU-Africa Union ministerial meeting in Brussels
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
Lithuania opens its fourth Honorary Consulate in the city of Seinäjoki, Finland
On 25 November, Lithuania opened its fourth Honorary Consulate headed by Hanne Kristiina Orrenmaa, the Honorary Consul of Lithuania, in the city of Seinäjoki, Finland. The Consular District covers the territory of South Ostrobothnia.
The opening ceremony was attended by the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas, the Ambassador of Lithuania to Finland Valdemaras Sarapinas, the Mayor of Seinäjoki Jorma Rasinmäki, representatives of the city administration, cultural and academic communities, entrepreneurs, and the local Lithuanian community.
In his speech, the Lithuanian Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas noted that Lithuania attached great importance to its relations with Finland. "Cooperation with the Nordic and Baltic countries is among the most important priorities of Lithuania's foreign policy. We aim to strengthen our cooperation in the fields of regional security, energy, the fight against hybrid threats, as well as to support the efforts of the Eastern Partnership countries to implement the necessary reforms," said Neris Germanas.
Later, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas discussed bilateral cooperation in the meeting with the Mayor of Seinäjoki Jorma Rasinmäki.
From now on, four Lithuanian Honorary Consulates will operate in Finland.