- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Lithuania shares its experience of holding the EU’s helm with Romanian representatives
The consultations of representatives of Lithuanian and Romanian Foreign Ministries were held on 27 February in Vilnius. During the meeting, Lithuanian officials shared the country’s experience of holding the Presidency of the Council of the EU with Romanian representatives.
The Chancellor of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Jūratė Raguckienė was pleased that Lithuania and Romania, which were celebrating their centennial anniversary in 2018, also enjoyed close political, historical, and cultural ties.
“We believe that Lithuania’s experience can be beneficial when it comes to preparing for the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the EU. In preparation for this important challenge, you may rely on Lithuania’s support,” said Raguckienė.
The meeting with the Secretary General of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Cosmin Dinescu focused on issues of importance for the two countries, including diplomatic representation abroad, personnel management, consular protection and assistance to citizens, as well as crisis management.
In the first half of 2019, Romania will take over the Presidency of the Council of the EU from Austria. Lithuania held the helm of the EU in the second half of 2013.