- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Lithuanian Ambassador presented her credential letters to Philippe, the King of Belgium
On 25 September, Ambassador of the Republic of Lithuania to the Kingdom of Belgium Rita Kazragienė, presented her letters of credence to King Philippe.
After the ceremony of presenting the letters of credence, the King of Belgium and the Lithuanian Ambassador discussed mutually important cooperation issues in the area of defence and energy.
Belgium is Lithuania’s significant economic partner and ally in the EU and NATO. The two countries share the position on the main European matters. Both countries are united in their aspiration to strengthen the EU economy and the Community’s capability to resist hybrid threats. The countries are engaged in intensive military cooperation in ensuring European and transatlantic security, with the noteworthy Belgian role in the Alliance’s enhanced Forward Presence battalion and the Baltic air policing mission.
Ambassador Rita Kazragienė is the sixth representative of the Lithuanian state in Belgium since Lithuania regained its independence.