- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Lithuania's Ambassador presents his letters of credence to the President of India
On 20 September in Delhi, the Ambassador of Lithuania to India Julius Pranevičius presented his letters of credence to the President of India Ram Nath Kovind.
After the presentation ceremony, the President and the Ambassador discussed ways to further promote close cooperation between Lithuania and India. They welcomed the fact that the citizens of the two countries shared common values and there was a close similarity between the Lithuanian and Sanskrit languages. It is also expected that the growing number of Indian students in Lithuania would further help deepen our bilateral relationship. The interlocutors also discussed the opportunities for business development between Lithuania and India.
The President of India and the Ambassador agreed that Lithuania would contribute to the commemoration of the 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in 2019.
His values, such as the philosophy of nonviolent resistance of Gandhi, was important not only for the restoration of India's independence, but also for Lithuania's independence.