- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is delivering a speech at the Warsaw Security Forum
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.05 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-25 On 25 October at 4.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-25 On 25 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a Government meeting at the Seimas
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister attends events of the UN General Assembly
On 25 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the opening of the high-level General Debate of the 73rd Session of the UN General Assembly. The head of Lithuania‘s diplomacy said that a transparent and effective United Nations peacekeeping, respect for human rights, peaceful conflict resolution and multilateralism based on international law remained priority issues for Lithuania in the United Nations.
In New York, Minister L. Linkevičius met with Foreign Ministers of Moldova, Tunisia, Monaco, and United Arab Emirates to discuss political, economic and security, regional issues, presented the interests of Lithuania, sought opportunities to strengthen bilateral political and economic cooperation.
L. Linkevičius and the Minister for Foreign Affairs and European Integration of Moldova Tudor Ulianovschi discussed the implementation of the Association Agreement between the European Union and Moldova, and the need for reforms in the fields of justice and taxes.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister and the head of the Tunisian diplomacy Khemaies Jhinaoui agreed to strengthen cultural cooperation. With the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Monaco Gilles Tonelli, he discussed prospects for developing bilateral relations and ties with the European Union, especially in the areas of banking and renewable energy.
The Lithuanian Foreign Minister and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan discussed issues related to the opening of the Embassy of Lithuania in Abu Dhabi, as well as strengthening political and economic cooperation, especially in the field of transport.
L. Linkevičius also participated in a high-level event hosted by the UN Secretary-General António Guterres to make United Nations Peacekeeping missions 'Fit for the Future', during which the Secretary-General urged more countries to endorse the Declaration of Shared Commitments on UN Peacekeeping Operations. Lithuania and other 145 governments have endorsed the declaration.
On 24 September, the eve of the General Debate of the UN General Assembly, heads of state and government attended the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit marking the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela's birth.