- 2019-03-25 to 2019-03-26 On 25-26 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a circuit session of the Governmental Commission on EU Affairs (VESK) in Brussels
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Juozas Vitkus Engineering battalion in Kaunas
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 2:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-28 On 26-28 March, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius participates in political consultations in Helsinki, Finland
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-27 On 26-27 March, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations in Madrid
Lithuania's Foreign Minister receives the new Ambassador of Kazakhstan
On 6 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Lithuania Viktor Temirbayev, who presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 24 October.
The meeting discussed ties between the two nations, prospects for bilateral relations, and Kazakhstan's cooperation with the European Union.
"Information technology, renewable energy, innovation are areas in which Lithuania can offer Kazakhstan its expertise, quality products, and services," stressed the Minister L. Linkevičius.
Economic ties between Lithuania and Kazakhstan have been growing steadily over the last five years. The bilateral trade volume has increased by 1.5 times and amounted to EUR 1.37 billion in 2017.
The Ambassador V. Temirbayev is the 7th representative of Kazakhstan in Lithuania. Lithuania and Kazakhstan established their diplomatic relations on 12 June 1992.