- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Lithuania’s Foreign Ministry condemns Kabul terror attack
On January 27 in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania strongly condemns the brutal act of terrorism against innocent people in central Kabul. A suicide bomber using an ambulance has killed at least 95 people and wounded at least 158 people.
During these difficult times, Lithuania stands in solidarity with the state of Afghanistan and its people. This barbaric attack against civilians is a cynical attack on human values. Terrorism in all its forms and manifestations is a common enemy of the entire international community, so we must continue to make concerted efforts to fight it.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius condemned the terrorist attack on Twitter. “I am horrified at the barbaric terrorist attack in Kabul today. I would like to offer my deepest condolences to the families of the victims” wrote the Lithuania’s Foreign Minister.