- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister meets with the new Ambassador of Cuba
On 27 August, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas received the new Ambassador of Cuba to Lithuania Eduardo Lazo Pérez, who resides in Helsinki. On the same day, the Ambassador of Cuba presented letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister and the Ambassador of Cuba discussed potential areas of cooperation, focusing on economic relations and culture. According to the officials, the volumes of trade between Lithuania and Cuba, as compared to 2016, increased almost ten times in 2017 and reached 16.6 million euros.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister presented the annual festival of Latin American culture IN LATINO in Lithuania and invited the Cuban Embassy to contribute to the festival and introduce the Cuban culture in Lithuania.
The meeting also discussed the strengthening ties between Cuba and the European Union. It is noted that the 2016 political dialogue and cooperation agreement between the EU and Cuba has been launched successfully. Consultations on important areas of cooperation, namely human rights, development cooperation, and non-proliferation, are taking place in Brussels.
Eduardo Lazo Pérez is the second Ambassador of Cuba accredited to Lithuania. Lithuania has not accredited its Ambassador to Cuba. Lithuania and Cuba established their diplomatic relations on 26 September 2013.