- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas attends the NB8 meeting of State Secretaries of Foreign Ministries
On 14 March, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas attended a meeting of representatives from the Foreign Ministries in the Nordic-Baltic Eight (NB8) format. The meeting discussed issues of regional security, Brexit, hybrid threats, cyber and energy security, and relations with Russia.
In the meeting, Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister noted that challenges facing the region could only be tackled through a joint effort, while a coordinated and harmonised policy both at multilateral forums and regional level was currently crucial.
The Foreign Vice-Minister Germanas also reiterated that the safety and security of the Ostrovets nuclear power plant in Belarus posed a challenge not only for Lithuania, but also for the entire Baltic and Nordic region.
“It has been determined historically and geographically that our region faces the same threats.Thus solidarity and coordination among the Nordic and Baltic countries are extremely important. Cooperation to strengthen our countries’ resilience to propaganda, cyber and hybrid threats is our key priority today,” Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister said.
Politicians, diplomats and experts from the Nordic and Baltic countries – Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Finland, and Sweden – work closely together and coordinate their actions in order to address issues of importance to the region. In 2018, the NB8 cooperation is coordinated by Sweden.