- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Lithuania's representative elected as Chairperson of the Coordination Committee of Special Procedures of the UNHRC for the first time
On 5 June, Professor Dainius Pūras, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health was elected as Chairperson of the Coordination Committee of Special Procedures of the United Nations Human Rights Council. He will coordinate the work of about 80 independent UN experts, who implement the organization's mandates in the field of human rights.
In 2001, Lithuania issued a standing invitation to all special procedures to evaluate human rights situation in Lithuania in 2001. In order to contribute to strengthening international human rights standards, Lithuania has announced its candidature to the Human Rights Council for the term 2022-2024.
Professor Dainius Pūras, who is actively contributing to the consolidation of international health standards in Lithuania, has served as the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health since 2014. Between 2007 and 2011, Professor D. Pūras served as a member of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.