- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
MFA’s statement concerning Syria’s decision to recognise Russian-occupied regions of Georgia as “independent states”
Lithuania firmly supports the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia within the borders recognised by the international community and condemns Syria’s decision to recognise the Georgian regions of Abkhazia and Tskhinvali (South Ossetia) as “independent states”. This is a grave violation of Georgia’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and international law. We call upon the Government of Syria to carry out a policy underpinned by norms of international law rather than succumb to pressure from third countries and to repeal the decision without delay.
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, congratulated, on 26 May, his counterpart, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, Mikheil Janelidze, and all the people of Georgia, on its historical Independence Day.
Lithuanian MFA supports actions by the US, UK and France against the Syrian regime’s chemical weapons facilities. Use of chemical weapons in Syria crossed all possible red lines. Those responsible for use of chemical weapons against civil population, including children, must be held accountable.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania allocated EUR 15 thousand in humanitarian aid to Yemen and Syria each and EUR 10 thousand to Albania.