- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
Minister L. Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Kazakhstan
On 11 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the outgoing Ambassador of Kazakhstan Baurzhan Mukhamejanov and thanked the Ambassador for promoting bilateral relations between Lithuania and Kazakhstan during his term of office.
"Lithuania and Kazakhstan enjoy excellent opportunities for further developing their bilateral cooperation in the areas of economy, transport, education, science and technology, health and other mutually beneficial areas. Undoubtedly, the direct flights between Astana and Vilnius that have been operated since May will also help us to tap into the potential and promote tourism," said L. Linkevičius.
The Lithuanian Foreign Minister emphasized Lithuania's support for deeper cooperation between Kazakhstan and the European Union. In this context, the implementation of the EU-Kazakhstan Enhanced Partnership and Cooperation Agreement, signed on 21 December 2015, is of great importance.
As of 1 January 2017, citizens of the European Union and member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development can visit Kazakhstan without a visa for up to 30 days. Lithuania and Kazakhstan established their diplomatic relations on 12 June 1992.