- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Minister L. Linkevičius: The Netherlands contributed significantly to the smooth establishment of the NATO battalion in Lithuania
On 10 August, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received the outgoing Ambassador of the Netherlands to Lithuania Gijsbert Hendrik Christiaan van der Lingen. At the meeting, the Foreign Minister welcomed Lithuania's continuously expanding relations with the Netherlands, the close cooperation and highest political level contacts – the visit of the Dutch royal family to Lithuania on 13-15 June of this year.
The Foreign Minister thanked the outgoing Ambassador for his solidarity and contribution to addressing security challenges in this part of the Alliance: "The Dutch Embassy contributed significantly to the smooth establishment of the NATO battalion in Lithuania, as well as to the establishment of contacts between the soldiers and the local communities, and the promotion of a bilateral security policy dialogue. You are leaving, but your soldiers will remain for at least another few years, as the Dutch government has decided," said L. Linkevičius, who noted that the Royal Netherlands Air Force was a reliable and permanent participant of NATO's Baltic Air Policing mission.
In the meeting, Lithuania's Foreign Minister also thanked the Ambassador for his personal efforts to promote cooperation and business ties in the field of energy. The Lithuanian-Dutch Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) forum is organized at the Embassy's initiative. The forum presents a useful platform for sharing insights and exchanging experiences, as well as for promoting cooperation also in other energy sectors.