- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is taking part in the General Affairs Council and the General Affairs (Art.50) Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Eastern Partnership Ministerial Meeting in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Astana and Karaganda, Kazakhstan
- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
Minister Linkevičius congratulated Argentine on its National Day
On 25 May 2018, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, Linas Linkevičius, congratulated Minister of Foreign Affairs of Argentine, Jorge Marcelo Faurie, and the people of Argentine on their National Day, the May Revolution Day which started the history of an independent Argentinian state.
In his letter, Mr Minister expressed his satisfaction with friendly and intensifying bilateral political, economic and human relations. “I am also delighted about the ongoing mutual efforts to reach bilateral agreements on Economic Cooperation and Working Holiday Programme, which both will contribute to strengthening commercial ties, people-to-people contacts and mutual understanding between our nations and our people,” Mr Minister wrote.
Linas Linkevičius reiterated an invitation to his counterpart to visit Lithuania.
Diplomatic relations between Lithuania and Argentine were established on 25 September 1991.