- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Minister Linkevičius meets with the Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs of the United Nations Rosemary A. Di Carlo and Head of UN Peacekeeping Jean-Pierre Lacroix
During the visit to New York on 17-18 May 2018, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs of the United Nations Rosemary A. Di Carlo and the Head of UN Peacekeeping Jean-Pierre Lacroix. In the meetings, The Foreign Minister presented Lithuania's priorities at the United Nations and discussed the country‘s further engagement in UN peacekeeping missions.
In the meeting with Di Carlo, Linkevičius discussed the need to continue to keep the issue of Ukraine's conflict not only on the UN agenda, but especially atop the Security Council agenda and an opportunity for the UN to engage more in resolving the conflict in Ukraine. Lithuania's Foreign Minister and the Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs discussed the UN role in Syrian peace talks, the North Korean nuclear issue, and mounting tensions in Gaza.
In the meeting with Jean-Pierre Lacroix, Linkevičius discussed not only an increasing involvement of Lithuanian troops in UN peacekeeping missions, but also opportunities for Lithuanian professionals to participate in peacekeeping missions. Linkevičius and J.P. Lacroix debated the UN peacekeeping reform, as well as its contribution to increasing the effectiveness of peacekeeping operations. The Head of UN Peacekeeping emphasized that it was necessary to prepare forces to participate in peacekeeping missions and noted that Lithuania's contribution to training forces would be of great importance.
At the UN Headquarters, Lithuania's Foreign Minister also briefly met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia Retno Marsudi and once again expressed his condolences to her, condemning the latest terrorist attacks in Indonesia. The bilateral meeting focused on cooperation in the fields of economy and tourism, as well as possibilities for expanding cooperation in the fields of information technologies and education. Lithuania's Foreign Minister invited Retno Marsud to visit Lithuania and to discuss further cooperation and collaboration in more detail.