- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan visits Lithuania
On 27 September, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with Mitsunari Okamoto, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan. The delegation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan came to Lithuania for the first meeting of the Japan-Baltic Cooperation Dialogue.
"Lithuania and Japan share a similar approach to the solution of global problems. Although the two countries are geographically distant, our political, business and people-to-people contacts continue to grow. Japan is the main partner of Lithuania in the region of Asia," said N. Germanas.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister welcomed the active participation of the Japanese delegation in the international forum - Life Sciences Baltics 2018 - in Vilnius that week and thanked for organizing the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) business mission to Lithuania in the beginning of September. Large Japanese companies, including Marubeni, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Hitachi, took interest in prospects for cooperation with Lithuanian businesses.
Japanese officials were pleased that the Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s visit to Lithuania in 2018 added impetus to the promotion of Lithuania's name in Japan.
The participants of the meeting discussed this year's planned bilateral visits, negotiations on the working holiday scheme agreement and possibilities of developing business contacts, following the entry into force of the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement.