- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Skusevičius meets with the high-ranking official from the United States Department of State to discuss regional security issues
On 20 August, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius met with the U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Michael J. Murphy.
The meeting focused on regional security challenges and the results of the NATO Summit 2018 in July, Brussels. The officials agreed to dedicate more attention to strengthening energy security. In addition, Lithuania's leading role in the diversification of energy sources was underlined. Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister also thanked the U.S. for its strong position on sanctions against Russia, as this country refused to uphold its commitments, as well as on the issue of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline.
This is Michael J. Murphy's first visit to the Baltic states. He was appointed as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs in June 2018.