- 2019-03-25 to 2019-03-26 On 25-26 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a circuit session of the Governmental Commission on EU Affairs (VESK) in Brussels
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Juozas Vitkus Engineering battalion in Kaunas
- 2019-03-26 On 26 March at 2:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-28 On 26-28 March, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius participates in political consultations in Helsinki, Finland
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-27 On 26-27 March, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations in Madrid
Vice-Minister N. Germanas meets with UNESCO's Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information M. Chakchouk
On 25 October, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with Moez Chakchouk, Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information of UNESCO. In the meeting, the Foreign Vice-Minister underlined Lithuania‘s special involvement in ensuring freedom of expression on the Internet and beyond.
"International norms guaranteeing the right to freedom of the media and security for journalists must be implemented. In today's reality, we must discuss how misinformation and propaganda can be tackled, and invest in media literacy," said the Foreign Vice-Minister.
The meeting also focused on Lithuania‘s active role in strengthening information technology, the participation in UNESCO's various international programs for creating communication projects. M. Chakchouk welcomed Lithuania's activities in the field of communication and media freedom.
M. Chakchouk, Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information of UNESCO, participated in the Media and Information Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue Conference on 24-25 September. The event was co-organized by UNESCO and Vytautas Magnus University in Kaunas.