- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Neris Germanas, took part in the graduation ceremony of the European Humanities University
On 29 June, Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Neris Germanas, took part in the Bachelor’s and Master’s graduation ceremony in the European Humanities University (EHU) in Vilnius.
In his address, Mr Vice-Minister noted that, having become a symbol of academic freedom, EHU markedly contributed to bringing the European Union and Belarus society closer together. He also thanked the University’s academic staff and students for their input into promotion of intercultural dialogue. Addressing the graduates, Mr Vice-Minister expressed hope they would foster relations, experience and European values they had acquired in Vilnius in the future. “I believe you will successfully use in your country the knowledge and skills you acquired during several memorable years in Vilnius,” Neris Germanas said.
Mr Vice-Minister said he was certain Lithuania would continue to be a reliable supporter of the University, which has already been proved by the transfer to EHU for uncompensated use of the premises of the former Augustinian monastery in Vilnius and urged other international donors to be more active contributors to further development of that higher educational establishment.
EHU was established in 1992 in Minsk where it functioned as the only private humanities university in Belarus for twelve years. Since 2005 EHU has been operating in exile in Lithuania and has awarded degrees to 2284 graduates including 160 graduates of 2018.