- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Vilnius Russia Forum to be held on 24-25 May
The fifth Vilnius Russia Forum will be held on 24-25 May. The traditional event brings together more than 100 politicians, civil society representatives, human rights defenders, academicians, journalists from Russia, Lithuania, and other Western countries.
The annual forum discusses topical issues of Russian domestic and foreign policy, the human rights situation, Russia's relations with the West, as well as a perspective of this relationship. Discussions are held on development trends in Russia, its economic situation, the fight against Russian propaganda, and other relevant issues.
The main attention will be devoted to the situation in Russia in the aftermath of Russia's presidential election this year, modus operandi of civil society and the media in a tightly controlled environment, an intensifying Russian hostility towards the West, and attacks on liberal democratic values. The participants of the event include Mikhail Khodorkovsky, Garry Kasparov, Mikhail Kasyanov, Vladimir Kara-Murza, Vladimir Ashurkov, Dmitry Gudkov, and others are among the participants of the event.
This year, the Vilnius Russia Forum is co-organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, Eastern Europe Study Centre, and the Andrei Sakharov Research Centre for Democratic Development at Vytautas Magnus University. The forum has been held since 2013.
Media Alert: You are welcome to participate in a press conference, which will be held after the Vilnius Russia Forum on 25 May, 1.00 p.m., at Esperanza Resort. Please, register on our website until 9 a.m., 24 May. You will be required to provide the journalists’ names and license plates (in the Comment field). Journalists who do not register before deadline will not be granted access to the event.
If you would like to interview the participants of the event, please contact [email protected] until 22 May, 5 p.m.
The Foreign Ministry cannot guarantee that guests of the event will wish to communicate with the media.